This job is no longer available
Primary Function: Install, repair and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment. Provides technical expertise to building level staff concerning maintenance, repair and operational needs of facilities. Vocational training in heating, ventilating and air conditioning required.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties.
- Perform electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs.
- Troubleshoot the operational failure of electrical and mechanical equipment such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, boilers, electrical and controls.
- Perform piping skills such as threading, hard soldering, soft soldering and various other methods of attaching pipe.
- Perform arc and gas welding in the shop or in the field on different equipment.
- Perform operation and repairs of boiler controls and other heating equipment.
- Perform repairs on swimming pool water filteration, and circulating equipment.
- Make recommendations to the Coordinator, Buildings and Grounds as to the need for repairs and/or replacement of equipment.
- Maintain materials, tools and manuals as needed.
- Perform pump repairs.
- Have an understanding of building automation systems and able to troubleshoot and make repairs.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Skills: Operational knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment such as boilers, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, air conditioning, etc. Operational knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment as they are used together on equipment. Demonstrate knowledge of computerized systems of control; ability to diagnose problems and program systems relating to heating/air conditioning.
Qualifications: Vocational training in heating, ventilating and air conditioning required. Electrical training desirable. First Class C Boiler's License. Refrigeration certification Type-Universal.
Job Type: Full-time, year round
Hours: 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Bargaining Unit: Custodial
Salary Range: Per contract