This job is no longer available
Provides support services to Global OEM organization which helps the department reach its strategic sales and marketing goals. Consults with customers on product and service issues. Participates in Global OEM product development activities. Enhances business relationships by attending meetings with customers in various locations.
- Liaison between Global OEM, Graphics, and Tech Services for new or revised literature, graphics, and mailings
- Designs Power Point presentations
- Manages bookings, set-up, and shipping for conventions attended by Global OEM
- Orders specialty components used in the manufacture of pre-clinical and OEM products
- Works with SM shipping and accounts payable to identify and verify Global OEM shipping expenses
- Manages international accounts including generation of pro forma invoices, pump tracking, customs clearance, and import/export regulations
- Oversees rental pump return from clinical study sites at termination of the study
- Provides product forecasting to manufacturing to ensure adequate pump inventory in the pump trial loaner pool
- Provides customized reports, such as product usage and invoice summary reports, as requested by the customer
- Processes customer literature and product sample requests
- Clears and troubleshoots new customer orders through the credit department. Assists Credit department in obtaining payment from customers
- Processes orders for clinical, preclinical, and OEM customers, clarifies discrepancies between purchase orders and shipments, and monitors shipping and tracking
- Prepares pump rental, and product-pricing agreements with pricing as negotiated by Global OEM account managers. Routes agreements for signature per SM procedure. Maintains and renews agreements, as necessary
- Prepares confidentiality agreements and routes agreements for signature per SM procedure.
- Contact physicians and nurses at study sites to verify status of patient enrollment in study
- Works with multi-department personnel in developing new, enhanced, and/or custom products for preclinical, clinical, and OEM customers.
- Participates in Global OEM product development activities.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including but not limited to FDA, Quality Systems Regulations, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, OHSAS18001 Health and Safety regulations, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes).
- Consults with customers on product and service issues. Conflict resolution
- Coordinate setup of new customer accounts
- Trade shows, conventions - applications, payments, coordinate/shipment of booth graphics, demonstration product, etc. Follow up letters
- Coordinate/order/set up lunches, etc. for customer meetings at Smiths Medical
- Contact supply chain planner of final number of port units in Allergan orders and adjust units on order
- Arrange pump in-service training at clinical study sites with clinical study site coordinator and local SM rep. Obtain signature approval for payment, submit to Dublin for payment
- Coordinate return of rental pumps for annual preventive maintenance and order pump replacements for global clinical studies sites (studies > 1year duration)
- Administrative assistance provided to OEM team
- Track CDA, Supply, Research Products, and other agreements for the OEM team
- Monitor/track DA, DR, NFG forms, label reviews
- Prepare and update rental pump trackers for customers (weekly), e.g. Astellas
- Revise pump rental report received from Customer Service, return to Customer Service for invoicing (monthly)
- Track shipments, provide tracking numbers to customers, generation of pro forma invoices, monitors customs clearance/handles issues
- Track shipment and return of rental pumps used for clinical studies
- Obtain RMA numbers for return of rental pumps, pumps requiring service. Communicate return instructions to clinical study sites, customers
- Request Certificates of Conformity for pumps, reservoirs, ports from Quality and provide to customers
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to document activities including phone conversations with pharmaceutical companies, CROs, study site coordinators, and study investigators to assure appropriate monitoring and follow-up
- Knowledge of clinical study management and personnel
- Ability to independently compose correspondence
- Ability to organize time and plan work to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and tend to detail
- Ability to produce presentation materials
- Ability to change priorities as necessary
- Thorough understanding of the order entry, processing, filling, and shipping procedures for both domestic and international customers
- Associate degree in business, marketing, or communications; Bachelor’s degree in Business or related preferred. Five to seven years experience in a customer service and support role. Two years experience may be substituted for each year of college education
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at www.smiths-medical.com/careers. Requisition number is Sls674.
Smiths Medical is a leading global provider of medical devices for the hospital, emergency, home and specialist environments. Our products are used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery, and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies.
We offer 12 of the most respected and easily recognizable within our portfolio: Portex™, Medex™, Deltec™, Level1™, GRASBEY™, Pneupac™, Wallace™, CADD™, BCI™, Jelco™, Medfusion™ and Surgivet™.
Smiths Medical is an equal opportunity employer.