This job is no longer available
Carleton College welcomes applications for a Director of Stewardship. As an integral part of the College's fundraising program, this position works to foster lasting relationships between Carleton College and its benefactors, promoting positive attitudes toward giving among current and prospective major and planned gift donors.
This is a full-time position that is eligible for the College’s benefits package.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Lead donor recognition efforts including:
- Direct the production of presidential and vice presidential gift acknowledgments.
- Coordinate the acknowledgment process for major and planned gifts.
- Provide project management for the Annual Report on Giving.
- Work with fundraising and publications colleagues to develop donor recognition content for a variety of media including the Voice, Inside Carleton, and the Carleton website.
- Coordinate major donor recognition events such as the Heywood Luncheon and award ceremonies.
- Coordinate and serve as point person for physical memorials and tributes.
Oversee donor reporting efforts including:
- Manage the stewardship of named funds.
- Coordinate the development and administration of gift agreements, ensuring that new funds are appropriately documented and can be administered by the College.
- Oversee the production of reports for endowed and specified current funds.
- Provide oversight to ensure that restricted funds are being used in accordance to donor wishes.
Support fundraising efforts to cultivate, solicit, and secure major gifts:
- Work with Development Officers to develop and execute creative and personalized cultivation and stewardship plans for top donors.
- Participate in solicitation and gift closure strategies to ensure that new gifts may be designated and administered effectively.
- Provide staff with background information to support donor visits as needed.
- Work with the Associate Dean's office or the Budget office as necessary.
- Review campus events to ensure that key constituents are invited/informed.
- Provide project-based support and reporting to upper management.
- Manage a small group of donors who have made gifts.
Departmental administration and management:
- Supervise departmental staff.
- Address donor/constituent concerns regarding stewardship issues.
- Oversee and manage relationships with other administrative offices and academic departments.
- Pursue meaningful professional development.
- Create and oversee maintenance of policies and procedures for all stewardship functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in English, Communications, or a related field preferred.
- Two or more years of successful experience in stewardship, development, alumni relations, and/or donor relations activities.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of external and internal constituents
- Demonstrated skills and commitment to quality, timeliness, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Demonstrated strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Creativity, energy, and ambition to lead a program and manage projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and experience with computer databases and tools, particularly AWA and OnBase
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of a selective private liberal arts college
- Membership and/or previous involvement with the Association of Donor Relations Professionals (ADRP)
If interested, apply online at http://jobs.carleton.edu. Please include a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references with your online application. Carleton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.