This job is no longer available
TempForce, a premiere staffing service in the Twin Cities, is seeking an Escrow Closer. The Escrow Closer facilitates a closing; ensuring all documents and balances required to complete a sales and mortgage transaction are properly prepared and executed.
- Respond in a timely, professional and courteous manner to any customer inquiries. Monitor the upcoming transaction, reviewing for completeness and compliance and ensuring all necessary information has been ordered and is accurate, i.e. payoff, abstract, title evidence, reports, mortgage documentation, and other pertinent information. (35-45%)
- Conduct the closing including explanation of all related documents and closing costs. (15-25%)
- Examine title evidence for defects and take the necessary action to correct title defect. Could include notifying the fee owner of title defect and action that needs to be taken to cure defect. Ensure that title issues are resolved prior to closing. (10%)
- Prepare and submit closed loan package, deposits and disbursement documentation, recording package, final policy package and/or commission package to appropriate department or entities. May prepare check requests for internal office bills with submission to management for approval. May prepare management reports. (10%)
- Respond in a timely manner to any returned or rejected mortgage or recording packages. (10%)
- Prepare transferring and mortgage documentation, HUD Settlement Statements and other required miscellaneous documents. (5%)
- May conduct training sessions to familiarize office staff and sales associates with closing policies and procedures. Occasionally be expected to fulfill the basic Title Branch Manager duties in the absence of the Manager or fill in for other Escrow Closers. (5%)
- May be responsible for marketing and growing branch volume. Attend sales meetings, real estate company events, company title meetings, company management meetings, and interact with lending and banking. (0-15%)
- May assist with inputting of incoming title commitment orders. May handle scheduling. May assist with preparation and delivery of New Real Estate agent packages. (0-15%)
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (0-5%)
- Minimum of high school diploma or the equivalent.
- One to two years title closing experience. Position may require a title license.
- Strong personal computer skills.
- Position may require strong marketing and sales skills.
- Superior communication skills, including presentation skills. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- The ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently under deadline pressure.
- Able to occasionally work extra hours during peak times of the month.
- High degree of integrity.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, and possess a strong aptitude for figures.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.