This job is no longer available
The Senior Development Officer position exists to advance the mission of St. Olaf College by securing, managing, and stewarding major and planned gifts through personal relationships and good business practices. The primary focus for the Senior Development Officer is on prospective donors with a five year giving capacity of $100,000 and more and involves the design and execution of cultivation and solicitation strategies necessary to move prospects effectively through the solicitation cycle. This position works closely with the Director of Development to achieve fundraising goals via personal cultivation and solicitation of St. Olaf alumni, parents, and friends.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts for the college by developing and executing cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects that will create the highest asks and potential funded gifts for the college's top funding priorities.
- Fully develop the potential of assigned programs and regional responsibilities including volunteer management as appropriate.
- Identify and qualify prospective major gift prospects.
- Develop stewardship plans as appropriate for assigned donors in coordination with the Stewardship Office.
- Develop and implement an annual plan that establishes personal and program goals and that outlines and prioritizes activities, events and travel in support of overall division goals.
- Submit timely and accurate updates and progress reports on personal and program goals.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Development Department and of the Advancement Division through teamwork and collaboration.
Flexibility to travel up to 40% of the time is essential.
- Essential: A Bachelor's degree
- Desirable: A degree from a liberal arts college; an advanced degree
- Essential: Minimum five-years extensive experience in major gift solicitations is crucial.
- Desirable: Experience in other advancement related programs is a plus; experience in an academic setting is preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dhmcbvz