Transportation Work Group Manager
This position will include marketing, client management, design and construction administration. Provide timely, accurate, and cost efficient engineering services both in the office and in the field. Provide services for civil engineering projects to include design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, environmental impacts, project budgets, scope of work, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, surveying, data collection, construction observation, field investigation, and coordination of subconsultants and contractors.
· Provide engineering services with accuracy, on time and under budget.
· Provide quality control on all project work.
· This position is a leadership position with a supervisory role including supervising staff, coordinating business development, and managing project budgets.
· Provide direction and review for and support to the group by leading design aspects of projects; instructing, training, and mentoring group members and support staff; and adhering to project budget and schedule.
· Confer with project team members and clients to prepare and participate in project proposals and interviews.
· Use computer assisted engineering, design, and drafting software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
· Understand and follow company established standard CADD procedures for file structure and standard drawing procedures for projects.
· Attend internal and external meetings.
· Client contact and communication. Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
· Public involvement may include speaking and meeting with stakeholders as well as producing reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material.
· Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical manner.
· Serve as onsite project representative. Reviews construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally with contractors and clients.
· Exercise independent thinking, creativity, and initiative in the performance of these duties.
· Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
· Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
· Work effectively both independently and as team member.
· Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
· Travel is required; may work overtime, especially during the construction season.
A Bachelors degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required and a minimum of 10 years of experience. A PE (Professional Engineer) license is required. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.