This job is no longer available
National Residential has a full time Mortgage Loan Underwriter openings in Edina, MN!
Become part of this growing team!!
The individual in this position will evaluate borrowers’ creditworthiness and determine if residential real estate loan applications meet minimum investor and loan program standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verify income and employment information, review credit history, and calculate the value of a borrower’s collateral and assets.
- Approve loan requests that fall within the loan authority limits established for the position and recommend approval for loan requests that are outside of their authority limits.
- Ensure that the property specifications and loan terms meet the bank’s underwriting guidelines and investor criteria.
- Answer audit issues on purchased or pre-purchased loans.
- Review and approve Automated Underwriting System (“AUS”) findings.
- Analyze personal and business (Corporate, S Corporation, and Partnership) income tax returns and prepare Self-Employed Analysis for Mortgage loan qualification.
Education and/or Experience:
- College graduate, or equivalent experience in mortgage lending
- Working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, as well as various investor guidelines
- Working Knowledge of Automated Underwriting System to include DU and LP
- Working knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software and email system.
- Detailed knowledge of the loan processing system.
- Three to five years of residential mortgage underwriting experience
To apply for this position and to view additional openings, please visit our website by clicking apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer
National Residential is a subsidiary of Dubuque Bank & Trust, a member of Heartland Financial USA, Inc. conducting mortgage origination in 37 states. Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a $4.3 billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland’s independently chartered banks are in the states of Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Colorado and Minnesota, with a total of 61 banking locations serving 42 communities and loan production offices in California, Nevada, Wyoming, Idaho and Texas.