This job is no longer available
The Workers’ Compensation Reinsurance Association (WCRA), a nonprofit association providing workers’ compensation reinsurance protection to all Minnesota insurers and self-insurers, is seeking an individual for the position of Property & Casualty Insurance Auditor.
· Initiate contact with insurance carriers and work with the carriers to answer questions and obtain records needed for field audits.
· Review and analyze preaudit materials to establish audit questions, determine records needed, and evaluate the accuracy of the data reported.
· Perform field audit kick-off and wrap-up meetings with carrier staff.
· Perform sampling of carrier’s Minnesota workers’ compensation policies.
· Audit and trace data reported to the WCRA back to original source documents, systems and Annual Statement.
· Discuss issues and problems with members to ensure understanding of their premium basis and to maintain good member relations.
· Prepare written reports detailing field audit findings and results.
· Review and respond to correspondence related to field audits and assist other team members in the resolution of issues.
· Lead the annual member financial reporting process, work with carriers to correct reporting errors and resolve issues.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
· Four years of insurance industry experience in accounting, finance, or auditing.
· Experience analyzing financial data.
· Ability to deal diplomatically with members.
· Experience and comfort working with computer-generated data.
· Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to apply judgment and knowledge.
· Must be able to work in a team or independently, organized and have strong interpersonal skills.
· Travel by air and automobile required.
· Health Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan
· Flex Spending Plans
· Life Insurance
· And more …..
Equal Opportunity Employer
- NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE -