This job is no longer available
Doherty currently has an immediate opening for a Software Developer to work out of our corporate office in Edina, MN.
The Software Developer will maintain existing internal and external client applications as well as build new applications utilizing pre-determined specifications. Beyond the roles and responsibilities of development will come opportunities for business analysis, leading technologies research and small to medium project management.
The Software Developer Responsibilities are as follows:
SQL Server 2000- 2008:
- Create custom SQL queries for: Data reporting, Data manipulation for the purposes of upgrading customers from one product version to another or resolving a data malformation or integrity issue.
- Create new tables, fields, indexes, and stored procedures within existing database schemas.
- Design new database schemas as needed for future products and services.
C# or VB.NET:
- Assist in developing and maintaining source code within the following products for the purposes of maintaining existing features and specifications as well as the design and development of new features and specifications: Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010
- Assist in developing and maintaining source code for the purposes of maintaining existing features and specifications as well as the design and development of new features and specification.
- Assist in the setup of new websites and maintenance of existing websites.
- BS/BA Degree relative to Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficient in skill sets: Software Development, Database Administration
- Nice to have: Mobile Development, HTML5, PICK/Basic, Unidata
- Works independently and is extremely organized.
- The ability to function in a self-directed environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter; shows initiative to start, track and complete projects as assigned.
- Ability to: Prioritize workload (independently and/or as directed), multi-tasking, work in a team environment, use basic analytical skills, complete tasks.)