Active Older Adults Coordinator (New Hope YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the New Hope YMCA has an opening for a dynamic Active Older Adults Coordinator to join our team.
The Active Older Adults Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the Active Older Adults Program and ensuring the program goals and objectives are met. The incumbent provides day to day direction and supervision to all areas of the AOA program.
- Coordinate the operation of Active Older Adults Program, including evaluation of program area successes and need, program development, and implementation.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of related program areas, supplies and equipment.
- Develop promotional materials and distribute program information.
- Maintain YMCA standards and ensures compliance with requirements.
- Develop special events and activities.
- Assist with developing and managing the budgets related to the program areas.
- Increase member participation in AOA programs and member retention in this population.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Health and Fitness programs
- Minimum of 1 year of experience supervising staff or 1 year as a YMCA lead staff
- Required certifications: National Group Fitness
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/First Aid, and AED
- Attend and successfully complete within 90 days of hire: YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles
- Demonstrated interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
Qualifications - Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in education, recreation, or related field
- Older Adult specific national certification
- Ability to actively participate in light fitness activities; that may include bending, reaching, lifting up to 10 lbs., standing, and walking.