This job is no longer available
We are a privately owned solutions provider and world leader in the electronics and thermal markets, and we are guided by our principles of innovation, performance and customer satisfaction. Now you can bring your professional expertise and visionary thinking to our growing, vibrant organization as a:
Associate R&D Scientist / Engineer
The Associate Engineer/Scientist works under the supervision of Senior Engineers/Scientists in the R&D group. The Associate Engineer/Scientist will actively participate towards fulfilling the project scope - by providing independent inputs and analysis into the projects run by the Senior Staff. The project tasks formulated in active participation will include: formulation work, prototype development, scale up operations, sample preparation/packaging/shipment, and assistance with product maintenance.
- Work under functional or direct supervision of Senior R&D staff – actively contributing to and participating in projects managed by senior staff.
- Responsible, for communicating the results of his/her work clearly and accurately using various means - written, oral or electronic - within and outside the R&D group. This person will prepare reports, graphics and other documentation as needed.
- Perform job function is a safe and professional manner.
- Assist with formulation and lab-scale versions of concept products defined by Senior Staff.
- Maintains accurate and detailed lab notebooks.
- Interfaces with various personnel primarily within & outside the group.
- Participates in the Company Continuous Improvement Plan in the interest of self-improvement.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science or equivalent, from four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and Educational background in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science.
- MS Office experience, including ability to use Power Point for preparing graphic presentations, ability to use software tools for imaging, ability to manage databases and creating Adobe documents.
At The Bergquist Company, we believe the financial health of our organization will be determined by the moral health of our people. You’ll receive the type of salary and benefits package you’d expect from an industry leader and so much more.
To learn more about our people-oriented company, apply online at