This job is no longer available
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We provide direct care for those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota with offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Conduct initial screening interviews and diagnostic interviews.
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy sessions for individuals selected to participate in the study.
- Complete documentation including session chart notes, psychological assessment reports, treatment plans, and closing treatment summaries.
- Work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team context. Provide input to team members regarding client’s psychological progress and seek input from others about related treatment needs.
- Participate as a member of the research project team assigned to study the effectiveness of an innovative method of offering mental health services.
- Participate in all case consultation meetings and other departmental and organization-wide meetings.
- MA or PhD in psychology, counseling or related field
- 1 - 2 years of experience providing psychological services, including the delivery of treatment to survivors of trauma
- Licensure as an LP, LICSW or LMFT
- Knowledge and use of psychodynamic or relationship-based therapy models
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally, including service delivery via an interpreter
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience, knowledge or interest in refugees, international human rights and trauma
- International work experience, travel and foreign language skills desirable
- Flexibility and interest in participating in the launch of a new method of providing services to affected refugee populations
- Comfort working within the parameters of a research study (e.g., upholding standardized assessment procedures necessary for research, attention to details in assessment instruments, etc)
- Computer skills, including experience with MS Office software and email.
- Regular access to a vehicle to drive between work locations during the day.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by January 31, 2013 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
Affirmative Action/EEO/E-Verify Employer