The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We provide direct care for those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota with offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Conduct initial interviews and make diagnoses.
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy sessions with survivors of torture.
- Complete documentation including session chart notes, psychological assessment reports, treatment plans, closing treatment summaries, and assessment measures.
- Assist clients with political asylum claims. Occasionally attend asylum interviews or hearings in order to provide expert testimony or support the clients.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team context. Provide input to team members regarding client’s psychological progress and seek input from others about related treatment needs.
- Participate on the Information & Referral Team on a rotational basis.
- Participate in all case consultation meetings and other departmental and organization-wide meetings.
- MA or PhD in psychology, counseling or related field
- 1 - 2 years of experience providing psychological services, including the delivery of treatment to survivors of trauma
- Holds licensure as an LP, LICSW or LMFT
- Knowledge and use of psychodynamic or relationship-based therapy models
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally, including service delivery via an interpreter
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience, knowledge or interest in refugees, international human rights and trauma
- International work experience, travel and foreign language skills desirable
- Computer skills, including experience with MS Office software and email.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by January 31, 2013 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/.
Affirmative Action/EEO/E-Verify Employer