Clinic RN - Primary Care Center
This job has now expired
The Registered Nurse performs both independent nursing and delegated medical function. The independent nursing includes assessment, planning, delivery , and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patient populations(s). The delegated medical function includes participation in and coordination of delegated patient care to other health care team members. The RN is responsible for performing there functions and procedures in accordance with all policy, procedure, and professional practice guidelines on an ongoing basis.
To qualify for this role you must possess:
As a full-time RN in Clinic 3A-Primary Care Center (PCC), you will work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team and be responsible for providing professional and quality nursing care to a variety of patients including children and adults. Nurses in the PCC interact with patients in person and by telephone. The PCC offers a fast-paced work environment in which quality patient centered care is valued. Teamwork and complex patient care are part of the daily work experience. The PCC is located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota and is part of the newly remodeled and state of the art Specialty Clinic 3A.
- Current Minnesota RN License, BLS Certification
- Experience in a hospital or clinic setting
- Ability to keyboard and utilize computer applications
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work as an effective team member to provide exceptional care
- Four year degree or B.S. in Nursing, BLS
- One year of previous healthcare experience in an ambulatory care setting in specialty or PC area.
- Experience fully utilizing EPIC
- Ability to embrace change and engage in ongoing process improvement
- Ability to multi-task on an ongoing basis
- Triage Experience
UMP offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement.