Guest Services -General Clerk
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
The Guest Services Clerk is a key member of the Guest services team who consistently promotes positive, professional image of the hospital and provides exemplary customer service to patients and guests in a respectful;, warm and professional manner.
- Receive and discharge patients from staff
- Responsible for observing patients in a designated area and safely assisting patients into vehicles
- Safely assist patients and guests into and out of vehicles at main points of entry
- Provide information, hospitality, direction and escorts to patients and families at points of entry
- Direct and escorts patients and guests from main points of entry to various points of service
- Navigate the hospital and its multiple systems and departments in order to meet the needs of patients and guests and resolve their concerns
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Higher education preferred.
- Experience working in a customer service position with strong communication skills required.
- Experience working with volunteers or experience required
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural, age and socio-economic backgrounds is strongly desired.
- Experience with computers
- 2 years experience in a fast paced, customer service role or office environment
- Well-developed computer skills, e-mail and internet
- Strong verbal communication skills, diplomacy, tact and empathy
- Open minded and flexible
- friendly energetic and enthusiastic
- Self confident
- Able to anticipate needs of guests and assist in solving problems using independent judgement and discretion
- Able to escort or push patients/guests in wheelchairs and into out of vehicles
- Ability to work above hired FTE status to cover other team members shifts, as needed due to vacation illness, medical leave etc. is an essential function of this job to meet business needs
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Casual position, no guarantee of hours per week
- Day/Eve shifts
- Occasional weekend as needed
- L113 contract
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA