Clinical Nurse Specialist II - Ortho Admin
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) is a n advanced practice nurse and a clinical expert in theory and/or evidence based nursing practice within a specialty who:
- Provides theory and evidence based care to clients under the three spheres of influence - integrates knowledge of disease and interventions in a holistic, assessment of the patient and their family focusing on nursing interventions that prevent, maintain, and/or alleviate both illness and wellness experiences
- Improves patient outcomes - designs, implements, and evaluate cost-effective, population based programs of care integrating nursing interventions and medical treatments as appropriate to enhance patient and family outcomes
- Provides clinical expertise in delineated are of practice - serves as a leader/consultant/mentor/change agent in advancing the practice of nursing to achieve quality, cost-effective patient/family outcomes within a specialty population and as appropriate across populations
- Leads multi-disciplinary groups in designing and implementing innovative alternative solutions that address system problems and patient/family care issues occurring across the continuum of care
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Master's Degree in Nursing from a program that prepares Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Current Minnesota RN license
- Current CNS certification by a national nurse certification organization acceptable to the Minnesota Board of Nursing or a waiver from the advanced practice RN certification approved by the MN BON
- If you are a Minnesota RN, you may practice for six months after you have completed an advanced practice RN course of study and you are in the process of meeting the requirements for certification
- 3 - 5 years patient care experience in acute care setting
- Experience in basic clinical specialization required
- Experience in advanced clinical specialization/leadership, consultation, education, research, and interdisciplinary collaboration preferred
- Collaboration, negotiation, delegation, consensus building, problem solving, planning, organizing, & personnel management
- Conflict management, fiscal management, flexibility, initiative, creativity, & team building
- Evidence of written/verbal communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full-time: 40 hours/week
- Day Shift
- Non Contract
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA