Spanish Interpreter (Northfield)
This job has now expired
Allina Medical Clinic is committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care.
Allina Medical Clinic and their employees serve 463,000 patients, representing more than two million clinic visits at 40 locations each year. Allina Medical Clinic is part of Allina Health, a non-profit network of hospitals, clinics and other health care services.
- Serve as interpreter for patients and families by accurately transmitting messages or care instructions between Limited English Proficiency (LEP) patients and healthcare providers or support personnel
- Translates accurate, written version of document or medical records as requested
- Acts as a liaison between the clinic, outside agencies and the patient/family
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Related undergraduate college degree preferred
- At least 1 year interpreting experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Successful completion of a medical interpreter training such as Bridging the Gap, The Community Interpreting, and/or interpreting credits from an accredited institution like Interpreting and Translation Program of the University of Minnesota or Century College
- Must successfully demonstrate oral proficiency and medical interpretation skills based on a test demonstrating fluency in both English and the target language.
- Maintain annual current status with the State of Minnesota Medical Interpreters Roster
- Ability to establish and maintain effective rapport and excellent customer service skills with patients, family members and healthcare staff
- Produce oral translations, or where appropriate, brief written translations of written texts such as application forms, signage or medicinal labels
- Proficiently speaks, reads, interprets and follows verbal and written instructions in English and target language
- Displays a basic understanding of medical protocol and terminology, including knowledge of commonly used terms and concepts related to the human body; symptoms, illnesses, and medications; and health care specialties and treatments in each language, including the ability to interpret or explicate technical expressions
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA guidelines
- Ability to perform the job in accordance with Allina's Standards of Business Conduct, which include principles of legal compliance, ethics and integrity, confidentiality, protection of assets, and avoidance of conflicts of interest and inappropriate business relationships
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- **Position located in Northfield, MN**
- Part time position
- 32 hours/week
- Monday - Friday
- Day shift
- 8:00 - 5:00
- No weekends
The city of Northfield is situated along the banks of the Cannon River, 45 minutes south of the Twin Cities. Northfield offers residents the pleasing combination of proximity to a metropolitan area and a quiet, small town setting. Northfield is the home of St. Olaf and Carleton Colleges and boasts of the place where the Jesse James Gang was defeated in 1876, an event celebrated annually after Labor Day. Education is one of the main industries and the public school system has been recognized as one of the 100 best by Money Magazine. The community provides a wide range of seasonal activities from golf, tennis, biking and fishing to snowmobiling and cross country skiing. Northfield also offers a variety of cultural opportunities including gallery shows, plays, and music and dance concerts. The historic downtown, restored to recall the 19th century, showcases several dining, boutique, antique and gift shops.
- Located 35 miles South of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Population = 19,400
- Service Area = 99,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA