Community Program Director (North Community YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the North Community YMCA has an exciting opportunity for a Community Program Director to join our team!
The Community Program Director oversees multiple program areas such as Youth/Teen/Family, Camp, Beacons, Summer Power and Uproar. They are responsible for developing, delivering, and administering the varied program portfolios of all facility and community based Youth, Family, and Community programs. They are responsible for staff recruitment, hiring, supervision, and development.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and develop staff and volunteers
- Develop and manage programs and activities in the area of youth, family, and community programs
- Manage the Youth, Family, and Community program department budgets to assure that financial and program service goals are attained
- Perform required administrative duties for the program
- Communicate and interpret Youth, Family, and Community programs, objectives, policies, and operating procedures to all department staff, volunteers and Y members
- Deliver a high level of service for all program participants
- Participate in a staff leadership role for the Y Partner Campaign as defined by the Executive Director
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of three years experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating youth development programs
- Minimum of two years of experience in management/supervision
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Must be organized, self-directed, and creative
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be certified in CPR/AED and First Aid Training, or able to become certified within the first 30 days of employment (Training available upon employment)
Qualifications - Preferred
- Experience in fundraising
- Must be able to travel locally to attend meetings
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 02/28/2013 for first consideration. This position will remain open until filled.