Custodian (Woodbury YMCA)
The Woodbury YMCA is currently seeking a Custodian to join our team!
The Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the areas assigned. The incumbent is accountable for the completions of assigned duties with a minimum level of supervision. Duties include, but are not limited to, mopping, dusting, trash removal, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, lawn care, and other general cleaning responsibilities. The incumbent interacts positively with members and staff and respond to requests personally or inform the appropriate maintenance staff member.
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Perform janitorial duties which include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning as requested or needed.
- Record all needed repairs, repair as directed, report ALL repairs to supervisor, and follow up with staff.
- Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Clean up of blood or body fluids which could contain bloodborne pathogens.
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning.
Qualifications - Required
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able and willing to develop: Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment; Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning; Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use; Willingness to learn and share new and better methods of cleaning
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away 10-15 times a day.
- Erect and stand on scaffolding, ladders, and platforms 3-4 times a week.
- Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time 3-4 times a week.
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests on work board.