Director of Finance (YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities)
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has an incredible opportunity for a Director of Finance to join our team!
The Director of Finance manages the planning and budget processes. The incumbent conducts and develops the annual budget; monitors revenues and expenses and works with operations to accurately forecast year-end results. The incumbent coordinates detailed financial research and analysis, special reports and other reviews as required. This position is responsible for cash management, treasury and investment functions.
- Plans, directs and manages the development and execution of the annual budget process in accordance with Association standards.
- Analyzes monthly budget results working closely with appropriate staff to accurately forecast both current and future years’ revenues and expenditures.
- Models, analyzes and recommends short and long term operational and capital structure enhancements, based on best practices, which optimize cash flow.
- Coordinates Treasury and Investment functions including periodic reporting to the Board.
- Hires, trains, and supervises the Financial Analysts.
- Support the planning, development, and maintenance of financial reporting and accounting related software systems.
- Networks and builds strong working relationships with Senior and Branch Leadership to provide better planning and problem-solving on behalf of the Association.
- Maintains close liaison between the Controller and their staff to facilitate the smooth and accurate flow of all financial transactions and reports.
Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business related field
- Minimum of five years of progressive financial management experience in finance or public accounting or equivalent to include three years of budget preparation, financial modeling and analysis
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience
- Effective problem solving skills using resourcefulness to achieve the desired end result
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal and relationship skills and ability to question and challenge where appropriate
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to view the numbers from a business perspective
- Confident self starter
Qualifications - Preferred
- MBA degree.
- Treasury management experience
- Experience in non-profit accounting
- Experience with sophisticated ERP software systems
- Experience with sophisticated financial software systems such as GP Dynamics
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel to various locations
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 02/08/2013 for first consideration.