Director of Finance (YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has an incredible opportunity for a Director of Finance to join our team!
The Director of Finance manages the planning and budget processes. The incumbent conducts and develops the annual budget; monitors revenues and expenses and works with operations to accurately forecast year-end results. The incumbent coordinates detailed financial research and analysis, special reports and other reviews as required. This position is responsible for cash management, treasury and investment functions.
- Plans, directs and manages the development and execution of the annual budget process in accordance with Association standards.
- Analyzes monthly budget results working closely with appropriate staff to accurately forecast both current and future years’ revenues and expenditures.
- Models, analyzes and recommends short and long term operational and capital structure enhancements, based on best practices, which optimize cash flow.
- Coordinates Treasury and Investment functions including periodic reporting to the Board.
- Hires, trains, and supervises the Financial Analysts.
- Support the planning, development, and maintenance of financial reporting and accounting related software systems.
- Networks and builds strong working relationships with Senior and Branch Leadership to provide better planning and problem-solving on behalf of the Association.
- Maintains close liaison between the Controller and their staff to facilitate the smooth and accurate flow of all financial transactions and reports.
Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business related field
- Minimum of five years of progressive financial management experience in finance or public accounting or equivalent to include three years of budget preparation, financial modeling and analysis
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience
- Effective problem solving skills using resourcefulness to achieve the desired end result
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal and relationship skills and ability to question and challenge where appropriate
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to view the numbers from a business perspective
- Confident self starter
Qualifications - Preferred
- MBA degree.
- Treasury management experience
- Experience in non-profit accounting
- Experience with sophisticated ERP software systems
- Experience with sophisticated financial software systems such as GP Dynamics
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel to various locations
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 02/08/2013 for first consideration.