This job is no longer available
Gas Operations Scheduling Analyst
Location: Plymouth, MN
Employer: U.S. Energy Services, Inc.
U.S. Energy Services is an energy management firm providing natural gas, electricity, risk management and water/wastewater services to large industrial, commercial and municipal clients’. Our mission is to develop and implement energy strategies that control our clients’’ energy costs. Our culture is a self-governing, family-friendly, team-oriented work environment. The U.S. Energy Operations’ team is the back room supporting our clients’ energy management needs. The back room includes risk management guidance, client energy purchasing, energy movement logistics, invoice reconciliation, data capture and energy reporting. We collaborate with other company functional areas, including Commercial Services, Information Technology (ITS),
Sales and Marketing to ensure the highest level of client services.
General Description of Job
The Gas Operation’s Analyst is responsible for a variety of data management and analysis in support of our clients’’ energy needs. Starting no later than 7:00 am each work-day, this position is responsible for the day to day activities of natural gas scheduling. This includes scheduling, confirming, tracking and reporting the flow of natural gas, primarily between pipelines, local distribution companies and end use customers. These activities will also include interactions with interstate pipelines, suppliers, producers, and end use customers. The successful candidate will be
willing to learn our gas systems and nominating processes. The candidate will also assist the account managers regarding solutions to clients’ scheduling issues and make recommendations based on experience.
These activities will include interactions with vendors, clients, gas and electric utilities and U.S. Energy personnel. You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic, team oriented environment. This position requires infrequent travel.
Position reports to Bill Anderson, Manager of Gas Operations.
- Responsible for processing clients’ daily volume requirements into nominations to interstate
- pipelines, local distribution companies and suppliers.
- Responsible for the input of gas nominations activities into the gas management system.
- Responsible for the input of clients’ actual usage into the gas management system.
- Responsible for tracking the imbalance between the client’s actual usage and nomination, notify
- Account Manager when imbalances deviate beyond tolerance bands. Resolution of imbalance
- may require communication with pipelines, local distribution companies and suppliers.
- Responds to clients’ inquiries and production changes related to gas scheduling activities.
- Work with account management to ensure operational constraints are taken into account in
- nomination process.
- Responsible for planning monthly meeting with Account Management staff to coordinate clients’
- future month’s supply requirements.
- Responsible for providing clients’ monthly supply requirements to Procurement staff.
- Responsible for tracking clients’ natural gas storage activities - this includes reconciliation to
- pipeline balance.
- Prepare daily management report tracking clients’ nomination plan to pipeline nomination.
- Prepare daily management report tracking clients’ actual usage to pipeline nomination.
- Position is responsible for on call coverage of nomination process on a rotating weekend basis.
- This on call responsibility includes a daily visit to office no later than 6:30 am each assigned
- weekend. On call is as needed, but the normal schedule is every third weekend.
- Responsible for facilitating documentation of value provided to clients’ through company’s
- “Scorecard” system.
- Pursue and maintain knowledge of utility tariffs (electric, natural gas, water, etc.), issues and rate
- cases as required for our client base.
- Provide additional client support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, math, MIS (management information systems,) economics,
- math or related discipline preferred. Prior natural gas, electric, data management and reporting
- experience a plus.
- Must have a proven track record of building rapport among peers and superiors. Candidate
- must have strong work ethic, aggressive learner, excellent organizational skills, excellent time
- management skills, sense of urgency and be able to work effectively with many deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in past positions including good interpersonal skills to gain
- cooperation and develop teamwork.
- Must communicate effectively and in a professional manner in both written and verbal with all
- level of employees and clients’. Demonstrate the ability to provide superior service to all internal
- and external customers. Demonstrate the ability to develop and provide presentations to small
- Must be able to effectively use a PC and software programs, specifically Outlook, Microsoft
- Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. Intermediate to advance Excel skills a plus.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform analysis on a wide variety of complex data compiled from
- multiple software systems.
Your professionalism, expertise and motivation to provide outstanding service will be valued and respected. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, business casual work environment, tuition reimbursement, exciting career path and a team-oriented work environment. Our benefit package consists of employer-paid (90%) medical, dental, and life insurance as well as generous employer contributions to a 401K plan and disability insurance. After a period of employment, company ownership opportunities are made available to all employees.
Please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com