This job is no longer available
The City of Ramsey is seeking a City Engineer to work in its dynamic, growing community of nearly 24,000 residents. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills with a proven track record of building and maintaining a successful engineering team.
The primary objective of the City Engineer position includes the coordination of activities and resources in constructing, inspecting and maintaining public infrastructure consistent with Council policy and with Federal and State regulations; oversight of work on consultant designed and in-house designed public works projects; the performance of all employees in the Engineering Division; the development, implementation and oversight of Engineering plans, policies and procedures; and short and long term planning to ensure that the level of service provided meets the expectations of the City Council, city staff and community.
Minimum qualifications for the City Engineer position include:
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Professional registration in the state of Minnesota.
- Minimum of 7 years civil engineering experience after registration. Prefer municipal experience or other public sector experience.
- Significant computer experience, knowledge of CAD/CAM and GIS systems and implementation.
- Possession of a valid class D state driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
The salary range for this position is $78,208 to $97,760 annually, DOQ. To apply, please print an application packet from the City’s website: www.ci.ramsey.mn.us or call 763- 576-4301. Resumes are welcome; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a City application. The first review of applications will occur on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.; however, the position is open until filled. EEO/AA
Mail all applications to:
The City of Ramsey
Human Resources Office
7550 Sunwood Drive NW
Ramsey, MN 55303