This job is no longer available
Carleton College welcomes applications for an Assistant/Associate Director to join a successful Alumni Annual Fund (AAF) team. Collectively, the AAF raises nearly $7.5 million annually from alumni, parents, and friends of the College, and consistently lead national rankings in the percent of alumni participation. The goal for the Alumni Annual Fund is to consistently maintain best-practice participation while meeting the goals for the operating budget and identifying areas of growth.
The level of the position (Assistant or Associate) will be determined by the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) exempt, regular, benefit-eligible staff position. Some travel and evening and weekend work is expected.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a working partnership with the AAF staff and volunteer board to successfully achieve the Fund’s dollar and donor participation goals.
- Identify, recruit, cultivate, motivate and steward alumni volunteers (class agents and assistant agents) in a range of ten or more classes, including two or more reunion classes.
- Work with volunteers to develop and implement individually tailored goals and fundraising plans for each class that coordinate with overall fundraising calendar and objectives.
- Manage special program responsibilities, potentially to include leadership giving, reunion giving, Friends Fund, Parents Fund, student programs, or student calling.
- Participate in and help execute training programs for class agents and assistant class agents.
- Coordinate activities and events with other campus offices (primarily Alumni Relations and Development).
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. degree and 2-4 years previous experience in educational fundraising or comparable experience.
- Have an appreciation for and commitment to the liberal arts mission.
- Ability to think creatively, critically, and strategically about all aspects of alumni engagement and development at Carleton.
- Effective and persuasive oral and written communication skills, with the judgment and discretion to handle confidential or sensitive matters.
- Highly organized and committed to excellence.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- Ability to create and analyze reports to support strategies for donor and dollar goals. Proficiency with Excel is a plus.
- Proficiency with managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel; some evening and weekend work required.
If interested, apply online at http://jobs.carleton.edu. Please include a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references with your online application. Carleton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.