This job is no longer available
Anderson Engineering of Minnesota, LLC, seeks to add an Environmental Specialist to our environmental services group. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growth-oriented professional consulting office based in Minneapolis, MN. We are actively seeking a professional with strong skills in environmental resource consulting and project management, particularly environmental planning and the preparation of NEPA documents according to federal guidelines. The position's responsibilities include project management (including providing technical direction); designing, writing, and editing environmental reports; and mentoring junior staff. This individual should have practical experience providing management and technical direction to both private and public sector clients on existing and new projects.
- Serve as project manager, task manager, or senior technical oversight for the preparation of EISs, EAs and other NEPA-related compliance documents and technical reports/deliverables
- Provide expertise in natural resource disciplines relevant throughout the United States; primarily in the central region of the United States.
- Manage diverse NEPA projects, including land acquisition, development, alternative energy, and others
- Mentor staff in area of expertise
- Execute and deliver high quality work products
- Bachelors degree (Masters is preferred) in environmental planning, environmental science, geology, biology or a related field
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in NEPA compliance and permitting; working with regulatory agencies and the public; resource protection and management
- Knowledge of pertinent regulations including NEPA (primary area)
- Related professional licensing a plus
- Must have demonstrated successful experience managing large NEPA projects
- Excellent organizational, oral, written and analytical skills
- Ability to design, write and edit technical reports
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to travel as needed for projects and pursuits
All interested applicants, submit résumé, cover letter and salary requirements by clicking Apply now.
Anderson Engineering of Minnesota, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Anderson Engineering of Minnesota, LLC is a 35-member firm that specializes in Civil Engineering Planning and Design, Land Surveying, Environmental Services, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Geographical Information Systems. We serve government agencies, commercial, industrial and residential developers, design firms, and private landowners.