This job is no longer available
Upper Peninsula Power Company, a subsidiary of Integrys Energy Group, is currently recruiting for a Line Electrician for our Ontonagon, MI office. This position reports to the Operations Supervisor.
· Work in accordance with all Company safety rules and established work methods, following all Company policies and construction standards.
· Properly use and care for equipment and tools, and report any problems.
· Assist in performing substation duties and have a good understanding of substation operation as needed.
· Follow all procedures to account for materials and tools and use material pre-loading procedures, and load and unload necessary materials.
· Prepare all forms, records, and written correspondence for completion of each job or task.
· Perform tree trimming and obtain permission from customers.
· Assist in installing metering equipment and develop a good understanding of metering equipment.
· Investigate load, voltage, and other customer complaint problems.
· Perform streetlight work.
· Assist in investigating communication interference complaints.
· Locate underground facilities.
· Make customer contact on work-related items.
· Inspect contractor installations as requested by supervisor.
· Participate in safety meetings.
· Perform miscellaneous inspections of equipment and electric plant.
· Obtain and maintain a valid Class A commercial driver’s license with air brake endorsements within 4 months of hire date.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must have completed a four-year apprentice program and/or attained Journeyman line electrician status.
· Technical school training or equivalent preferred.
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE: TEG) is a Fortune 1,000 company focused on delivering energy and related services to more than 2 million customers in the U.S. Our subsidiaries, with nearly 5,000 employees, are creating a premier and growing energy company. We have exciting career opportunities that will reward energetic people who help us meet the challenge!
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates must apply online at www.integrysgroup.com no later than February 10, 2013. Integrys reserves the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified candidates, including minorities, women, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.