This job is no longer available
Operations’ Team Analyst
Location: Plymouth, MN
Employer: U.S. Energy Services, Inc.
Date: January 21, 2013
U.S. Energy Services is an energy management firm providing natural gas, electricity, water and green energy services to large industrial, commercial and municipal clients. Our mission is to develop and implement energy strategies that control our clients’ energy costs. Our culture is a self-governing, family-friendly, team-oriented work environment.
The U.S. Energy Operations’ team is the back room supporting our clients energy management needs. The back room includes risk management guidance, client energy purchasing, energy movement logistics, invoice reconciliation, data capture and energy reporting. We collaborate with other company functional areas, including Commercial Services, Information Technology (ITS), Sales and Marketing to ensure the highest level of client services.
General Description of Job
The Operations’ Team Analyst is responsible for supporting a variety of functions performed within the Operations department teams supporting our clients’ energy management needs. Primarily this position will support the Energy Reporting and Retail Energy Origination (REO) teams. You will be responsible for error resolution and energy reporting oversight for assigned clients. Daily activities will involve interactions with vendors, clients, utilities and U.S. Energy employees. Understanding of data capture, tracking and interpretation of impact on client operations and profitability is a daily challenge. This position is also responsible for beta testing and implementation of ITS projects and new reports under the leadership of the Manager, Energy Reporting. Responsibilities with the REO team include sourcing event data gathering and preparation as well as after the event support. You will be working in a fast paced, dynamic, team oriented environment. This position requires infrequent travel.
Position reports to Jennifer Novotny, Manager, Energy Reporting.
Energy Reporting and Data Capture
- Provide Energy Reporting Coordinators and Data Entry Clerks with problem solving assistance when requested.
- Responsible for compiling clients’ monthly cost and usage information. May require analyzing data to determine a material balance and relevance of including specific client data in the totals.
- Responsible for periodic cost/usage review of client invoices and key data related to sourcing events. Responsible for preparing needed materials for future gas or electric sourcing events and coordinating the specifics for the sourcing specialist.
- Responsible for Weekly Payment Report Preparation for assigned clients.
- Responsible for answering client inquiries regarding the navigation and content of our web-based Energy Management Reports.
- Responsible for daily volume tracking for select non-logistic clients and notifying Account Manager when imbalances deviate beyond tolerance bands. May require communication with local distribution companies and suppliers.
- Responsible for Energy Reporting client account change uploads with third-party invoice processing company(s).
- Responsible for facilitating documentation of value provided to clients through company’s “Scorecard” system.
- Responsible for beta testing of ITS projects and reports under the leadership of the Manager, Energy Reporting.
Retail Energy Origination Team
- Responsible for preparing needed materials for future gas or electric sourcing events and coordinating the specifics for the sourcing specialist.
- Responsible for daily volume tracking for select non-logistic clients and notifying Account Manager when imbalances deviate beyond given tolerance bands. May require communication with local distribution companies and suppliers to resolve errors.
Other Operations’ Team Support
- Responsible for updating the Energy Driver Report content under the direction of the Price Risk Manager.
- Support Gas Nominations’ team with gathering daily volume flows from utility or pipeline proprietary systems and post to US Energy database for assigned clients.
- Pursue and maintain knowledge of utility tariffs (electric, natural gas, water, etc.), issues and rate cases as required for our client base.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in MIS (management information systems), business, economics, math, research, STEM or related discipline preferred. Prior natural gas, electric, data management or other industry experience a plus.
Must have a proven track record of building rapport among peers and superiors. Candidate must have strong work ethic, aggressive learner, excellent organizational skills, excellent time management skills, a sense of urgency and be able to work effectively with many deadlines.
Demonstrated leadership skills in past positions including good interpersonal skills to gain cooperation and develop teamwork.
Must communicate effectively and in a professional manner in both written and verbal with all level of employees and clients. Demonstrate the ability to provide superior service to all internal and external customers. Demonstrate the ability to develop and provide presentations to small groups.
Must be able to effectively use a PC and software programs, specifically Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. Experience with reporting software a plus.
Your professionalism, expertise and motivation to provide outstanding service will be valued and respected. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, business casual work environment, tuition reimbursement, exciting career path and a team-oriented work environment. Our benefit package consists of employer-paid (90%) medical, dental, and life insurance as well as generous employer contributions to a 401K plan and disability insurance. After a period of employment, company ownership opportunities are made available to all employees.
Please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org