This job is no longer available
Twin Cities Public Television, a Star Tribune 2012 Top Workplaces Employer, is seeking a skilled and experienced full time Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving to identify, qualify, cultivate, and manage Visionary Society and solicits friends of tpt for Capital Campaign gifts and ongoing annual and major gift support.
The Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving will provide management oversight in the following areas:
PLANNED GIVING DEVELOPMENT
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates planned giving activities in order to meet the short and long-term fund-raising goals and objectives of ongoing fundraising including the Campaign for tpt and subsequent major donor initiatives.
- Stewards Visionary Society, the donor recognition program for planned giving donors.
- Develops a comprehensive annual planned giving development plan including budget projections for major gifts and planned giving. Actively participates in annual development planning sessions with development staff.
- Counsels and assists fundraising staff members in crafting appropriate giving vehicles for planned giving as part of cultivation and solicitation strategies for campaign, principal and planned giving prospects.
- In cooperation with other staff members, helps organize, develop, and implement activities for planned giving donors and prospects to secure planned giving donations to increase long-term revenue.
MAJOR DONOR & CAMPAIGN DEVELOPMENT
- Ensuring success of The Campaign for tpt and ongoing annual efforts through effective cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of prospects.
- Enhances research by making calls on prospects, current and past donors and community business leaders to gather information and establish relationships. Provides data for constituent records via contact action reports.
- Develops and implements prospect management plans for all assigned prospects. Plans and directs a comprehensive cultivation program for major gift prospects including direct personal contact, ongoing communications and frequent interactions with institutional and volunteer leadership.
- Plays a key role on the prospect management committee and manages a portfolio of 80-100 major gift prospects.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with key major donor prospects among supporters and friends of tpt.
- Arranges and directs station visits by key prospects, donors, members and friends of tpt.
The ideal Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving applicant would have:
- A college degree. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5+ years in managing a Major Gifts and Planned Giving area.
- Proven track record of success in securing major and planned gifts.
- An extensive portfolio of relationships to cultivate major and planned gifts.
- An exceptional ability to build strong professional relationships with donors.
- Strong proactive and engaging skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional computer application skills including Microsoft Office 2010 products and databases.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of personalities and work styles.
- Strong creative problem solving skills.
- The ability to work independently and motivate self to achieve success.
If you possess the necessary direct work experience required of a Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving, please click Apply now to visit our Career Center and apply.
Twin Cities Public Television is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer