ILS Supervisor - St. Cloud
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To supervise and ensure team of direct reports understands and completes all required training and that team of direct reports is properly teaching independent living skills to individuals with special needs so that they may gain independence and lead fulfilling lives. This position will require the supervision of staff to ensure proper facilitation of the healthcare, safety, interests and choices of the consumers for whom you and or your team are responsible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following functions have been determined by the Company to be essential to the successful performance of this supervisor position.
1. OVERSEE YOUR TEAMS FACILITATION OF CONSUMERS' HEALTHCARE, SAFETY, INTERESTS AND CHOICES, NOTE: YOU WILL IN ADDITION ALSO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LIMITED DIRECT FACILITATION OF THESE SERVICES DIRECTLY TO CONSUMERS IN THEIR HOMES
- Oversee YOU and or YOUR TEAM to ensure the health, safety and well-being of consumers for which you and or your team are responsible. Be attentive to consumer health and safety needs as well as their interests and choices and facilitate appropriate support.
- Prepare documentation for new consumer intake meetings of You or your team and facilitate discussion to gather information needed for programming when available.
- Supervise and Facilitate consumers moving into apartments with details of items needed, dates of moves, etc.
- Facilitate consistent and appropriate communication with IDT team members for consumers that you and or your team supervise.
- Ensure that consumer financial expenditures for you and or your team's consumers are documented appropriately and copies are sent to IDT team members as requested.
- Ensure that all consumers assigned to you and or your team's documentation is appropriately stored and scanned into electronic filing systems.
2. SUPERVISE STAFF
- Spend dedicated time in the field with and without individual team members observing / caring and implementing the agreed upon services for the consumers assigned to you and or your team. (20-25% of your time)
- Provide dedicated office hours for staff support including biweekly 1 on 1's on a regularly scheduled basis (10% of your time)
- Demonstrate correct procedures in facilitating consumers' outcomes, healthcare, well-being and activities. (20-25% of your time)
- Ensure that both you and your staff are fulfilling the functions and requirements of their positions as defined in their job descriptions.
- Ensure that staff documentation and follow-through meets requirements with regard to consumer goals, med sheets, petty cash, health progress notes, comm. book, and other areas of documentation.
- Adhere to and relay Company policy and procedures, licensing requirements, and other company information in a positive, supportive and professional manner at all times to your staff.
D. Oversee the initial training of new staff and ensure that staff completes their required training and training verification within the time frames specified in their job descriptions. (5% of your time)
E. Ensure that staff completes in a timely fashion all training which must be updated annually. Oversee additional ongoing training appropriate to their positions and in accordance with licensing requirements. Ensure that staff complete and submit related training documentation in a timely fashion. (5% of your time)
F. Give new staff a performance appraisal when they have completed their first 30 and 90 days after hire and annually thereafter. (5% of your time)
- Ensure that staff receive annual written Performance Reviews and when improvement is required, ensure follow up on those issues. See that documentation is properly filed.
G. Serve as a role model for your staff in dress, (business casual), tone, morale, and professionalism in interactions with consumers, other RCC employees, consumers' family members and friends, County Case Managers, day program personnel, medical personnel and others. (Requires consistent professional behavior during all times)
H. Give staff positive and negative feedback on job performance in a prompt, tactful, direct and consistent way; follow through with appropriate documentation of employee issues.
- Encourage staff regularly. Give at least four affirmations to staff each month, such as written notes or other tangible forms of affirmation.
- Be attentive and responsive to employee concerns and refer issues to appropriate personnel in the company as needed.
I. Oversee scheduling of staff. Fill open shifts as necessary. (15% of your time)
J. Plan and facilitate monthly staff meetings and cover required topics. Ensure that staff complete and submit training verification. (5% of your time)
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver's license
- Clean Driving Record
- Insured, reliable vehicle for use at each shift
- Background clearance as required by BCA and DHS
- The St Cloud supervisor will be required 1 DAY PER WEEK to work out of the Rudolph Community and Care office located at 421 First Ave East Suite 110 Shakopee, MN.
- Position will so require in field supervision for team members and some dedicated in home consumer hours for consumers locate in and around the St Cloud area 4 days per week
- Ability to successfully manage individual with challenging or difficult behavior
- 2-4 years of experience working with people with mental disabilities
- Bachelor's Degree, CPR/First Aid Certification, and supervisory experience in the field are highly recommended