SNBC Care Management Manager
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The SNBC Care Management Manager has primary responsibility for management of the SNBCcare management staff and daily case management operations. This includes participating as a key contributor in the development and implementation of medical management strategies and aligning the SNBC care management activities. Responsibilities include SNBC care management daily operations, monitoring compliance with contractual obligations regarding care management duties, and ensuring care management is in place for the SNBC product. Duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Participates in the recruiting, interviewing, and selection of new staff, and ensures appropriate ongoing SNBC care management staffing.
- Assists with training staff on SNBC care management processes.
- Oversees the SNBC care management staff in the performance of duties including complex case management, care navigation, and administrative tasks related to SNBC care management.
- Oversees the SNBC care management team supervisor to ensure proper staff supervision is in place. In the absence of a SNBC care management supervisor, assigns and allocates workload to care management staff.
- Ensures staff compliance with the SNBC care model.
- Develops tools and resources to assist the SNBC care management staff in performing their duties, including development of care management tools, procedures, job aides, etc.
- Manages the care management operations for the SNBC product, to include processes for Care Management Identification, (CMI), clinical team review, complex case management (CCM), and care navigation and identifies and implements process improvements as needed.
- Participates in SNBC clinical team reviews as appropriate and provides clinical consultation as needed.
- Represents UCare at external meetings as assigned by department Chief Nursing Officer and Assistant Director.
- Participates in developing and implementing UCare strategy for care management in new markets and new products.
- Participates in the development of department policies and procedures as related to SNBC care management and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Works with other UCare staff resolve cross-departmental issues as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent experience, or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other related field. Master’s degree in health care-related field preferred, but not required.
3 years experience in the health care industry. Strong background working with the disabled population. Strong background working with people with mental illness and/or chemical dependency. Experience working with case management programs. Experience supervising professional staff.
Experience in working with Medicare and Medicaid programs. Experience in program development and operations. Experience in business data analytics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical practices and community standards of care.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation, coaching and presentation skills, with an understanding of adult learning.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize.
- Thorough understanding of systems, system integration processes, and the ability to successfully implement change.
- Critical thinker with the ability to analyze problems and develop creative and realistic solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong team player.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.