Assistant Director of Health Care Informatics
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Assistant Director of Health Care Informatics will lead and grow teams charged with the development of reporting and analysis related to health care utilization, quality, HEDIS, program evaluation, research, and use of predictive modeling to provide efficiency metrics that target areas for improvement. Lead the UCare enterprise business intelligence team to deploy information to UCare departments. Provide input and guidance into the strategic direction of the UCare Enterprise Data Warehouse initiative, including data governance. Participate in or lead key Committees charged with identifying and managing population utilization, development of provider efficiency reporting, improving quality scores, Data warehouse development, and other collaborative cross-departmental initiatives. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Build, lead, and maintain teams of highly effective analysts to support UCare's growing need for more advanced health care informatics.
- Direct the planning and development of analysis and information to support UCare's Clinical areas. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Clinical Leadership to ensure the work of the Health Care Informatics area is addressing the requirements of the Clinical Leadership.
- Lead the effort to build out and maintain analytics designed to identify efficiencies in health care utilization, and evaluate the effectiveness of clinical initiatives using predictive modeling and episode grouping tools.
- Direct the development of key utilization and efficiency metrics at the provider, care system, and organizational level. Use information to develop a comprehensive reporting package and supporting analysis of the data.
- Direct the production and submission of the annual HEDIS reporting requirements to NCQA and other regulatory entities. Ensure a robust and cross departmental process to identify areas for measure improvement and follow through on improvement initiatives.
- Direct the process to provide reporting and analytic support to key quality initiatives such as Performance Improvement Plans, CMS Star Ratings improvement, Pay for Performance, and DHS Quality incentives and withholds.
- Direct the Enterprise Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Team in the delivery of flexible information to UCare Departments and external stakeholders that meet the needs of the organization. Lead the process to develop a robust data governance solution that ensures consistency and accuracy of UCare information across departments and across reporting solutions. Provide leadership and strategic direction in the development of business requirements for future enhancements to the UCare Enterprise Data Warehouse as well as the development of reporting universe layers.
- Participate and lead staff that participate in and support key clinical and utilization Committees and Work Groups designed to monitor and evaluate new and current utilization management programs.
- Direct the development and production of key utilization metrics to be reported on a standard and ad-hoc basis. Analyze, evaluate, and present the data to key stakeholders. Develop a process to provide further analysis of specific items or initiatives as needed.
- Direct the process to perform complex analytics using health care data as needed.
BA/BS with an emphasis in healthcare, economics, informatics, statistics, or other related field. Commensurate work experience will be considered.
8 years of progressively complex experience in clinical and quality health care data and analytics is required. Strong healthcare data and analysis background. Prior management experience is required.
Preferred experience with measurement design, statistical background, health care informatics, clinical background. Graduate degree in informatics, statistics, or other related field is desired.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be successful in this role:
- Strong supervisory and training skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills using relational database tools.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.