This job is no longer available
Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2011-2012 school year, 23 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Connections Learning is an online learning provider that delivers a full range of quality, affordable, and turnkey online learning solutions to institutions and individuals. Bringing personalized and flexible learning to students everywhere, Connections Learning products combine a proven curriculum, the latest instructional tools, certified teachers skilled in online instruction, and state-of-the-art technology. Feature products include: online courses; online summer school; homebound student solutions; credit recovery; the Connexus™ digital learning platform; 21st Century Skills courses; a STEM package; online speech therapy; blended/hybrid programs; and virtual private and public school programs. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Learning is a division of Connections Education LLC. For more information, call 888-440-2890 or visit www.ConnectionsLearning.com.
Connections LiveSpeech is a groundbreaking program that is taking online speech therapy out of the clinic and into schools and homes nationwide. Be a part of a team of skilled, experienced therapists who are eager to utilize distance learning technology to reach more students in need of support. Receive training and support from therapists with experience in online service delivery. We can’t wait for you to join us!
Working from their home, the Speech Language Pathologist (PRN) will provide virtual speech therapy to students K-12 throughout various Connections Academy schools. They will connect with students using webcams and web conferencing software, while using the company's online Education Management System to manage their caseload and minimize paperwork. They will enjoy flexible hours and no commute! We are looking for both Full-Time and Part-Time SLPs.
The Speech Language Pathologist will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
• Planning and implementing individual and group therapy in a virtual environment;
• Timely and complete documentation of therapeutic interventions;
• Communicate regularly with parents/learning coaches of students with speech/language needs to insure that their IEP goals are being met, and that their needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion;
• Consult with teachers and coordinate the implementation of specially designed instruction as defined in the IEP regarding students with speech/language needs and potential learning issues;
• Assist, as needed, with the organization and proper implementation of all paperwork, documentation and procedures for the IEP process for select students;
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in the company’s Education Management System and special education software;
• Occasional travel to local Connections Academy office for meetings or assessments as needed; and
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time or part-time work-at-home position.