This job is no longer available
Job Title: Director, Corporate Services Programs
Job Type: Full time, Salary
Reports To: Vice President, Program Services
Travel: Anticipated 6-9 trips/year; 2-3 days/trip
Position Overview: To provide meeting planning, volunteer management, and event leadership for 6 MEA membership “Corporate Services” groups.
1. Meeting Planning, Committee Management, and Event Leadership: Lead the planning, development, and execution of the various MEA Corporate Services in-person meetings, webinars and other learning events as required.
a. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Services volunteer committees and appropriate MEA staff in developing program agendas and event logistics.
b. Lead the site selection and meeting planning details (venue location, food, meeting room requirements, sleeping rooms, contracts, a/v requirements, etc.)
c. Lead the development of online meeting information and registration.
d. Maintain records and work within process guidelines established by IACET (if necessary for a given event).
e. Lead the collection and organization of speaker information and communicate with speakers when needed.
f. Lead the development and delivery of event marketing materials.
g. Lead the development and compilation of event evaluations.
h. Develop and monitor event budgets.
i. Manage any CEU/PDH-related requirements & documentation.
j. Attend meetings as required and provide onsite registration and meeting support.
k. Maintain strong relationships with committee volunteers and solicit new committee participation and leadership, as necessary.
Corporate Services groups include:
1. Energetic Women
2. Environmental Management
3. Transportation & Fleet
4. Purchasing & Materials Management
5. Legal & Regulatory Affairs
6. Customer Relations
· College degree (preferred) or related work experience.
· Prefer 3+ years working in an association or member driven organization.
· Previous experience in meeting planning and organization administration.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Strong communications skills – phone and in-person.
· Warm, outgoing personality.
· Strong project management skills.
· Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for own work and willing to assist others when needed.
· Intermediate skills in word-processing, database programs, Excel, Outlook, internet search engines and conference webinar platforms such as WebEx.
· Ability to accurately enter information into database and clearly and accurately communicate meeting information to webpage and marketing materials.
· Experienced in multitasking, setting priorities and willingness to adjust to changing needs.
· Willingness to travel as necessary; anticipated travel is 6-9 trips/year; 2-3 days/trip.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to John R. Gann at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2013.