Strategic Initiatives Manager
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Strategic Initiatives Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of strategic initiatives that support UCare’s mission and business goals while meeting or exceeding established measures of success. Supports creation and expansion of industry, market and competitive intelligence to guide strategic decision-making. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and modify as necessary plans for assigned strategic initiatives based on organizational needs and priorities. Includes defined strategic provider initiatives. Develop, monitor and measure success metrics for each initiative.
- Support UCare’s efforts towards enhancing use of creative and innovative approaches to managing and advancing its position in the health care market place.
- Analyze new business opportunities. Articulate strategic direction for each initiative based on organizational needs and business goals.
- Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives using project management skills and tools to advance corporate goals, objectives, and improvement opportunities.
- Understand health care insurance market in order to identify opportunities for new business opportunities. Maintain fluency with industry and market changes through periodic environmental scans and collaboration with Market Research.
- Staff Business Strategies Committee, Provider Strategies Steering Committee and other strategic committees at UCare as needed. Provide market and analytic support to evaluate new business, market and provider opportunities.
- Provide strategic consultation to other functional areas and committees to support business plans and improvement opportunities at UCare.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, health care /public administration, project management or related field required. Required experience includes: Three or more years experience in a health plan or health care organization with managerial responsibility for strategic projects or initiatives. Must have proven ability to work in a matrix environment and possess the ability to lead cross-departmental teams. Working knowledge of health plan functions including: provider networks, operations, marketing/sales, compliance, information systems, data analysis and clinical required. Deep knowledge of the local Minnesota health care market place. Preferred experience includes: Strategic work within a health plan working with external provider organizations. Knowledge of state and federal health care programs preferred.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be successful in this role include:
- Outstanding analytical and financial skills
- Ability to plan for contingencies.
- Ability to learn new products/models and make an impact quickly.
- Outstanding business acumen.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Excellent leadership ability and assertiveness skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.