This job is no longer available
Provide civil engineering services for KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
· Plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, and monitor client relations
· Construction observation of assigned contractors and projects
· Use CADD software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
· Create and follow design, specifications, plans, maps, project schedules and budgets
· Must have a valid drivers license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
· Oversee the day-to-day office operations and ensure a safe facility
· Assist with coordination of business development and marketing strategy for the office
· Responsible for community and employee relations
· Facilitate regular staff meetings for the office
· Provide leadership, mentoring and coordination
· Provide services including project budgets, scope-of-work, and coordination of sub-consultants and contractors
· May serve as project manager or engineer on designated projects
· Read and interpret construction plans to assist with client management and effectively communication to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public
· Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
· Assist with RFPs (request for proposals), interviews, project scope, estimates, schedules, reports, environmental impacts, permits, and contracts
· Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally
An EIT (completion of the fundamentals of engineering exam) is required. A Bachelors Degree in civil engineering or a related engineering field and 5-10 years of experience is required.
A PE is highly desired.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week with 65% of the time spent in the office and 35% in the field.