Network Engineer - Hosted Voice - Edina, MN
Network Engineer- Hosted Voice – Edina, MN
Enventis is one of the leading providers of integration services in the Midwest specializing in unified communications, networking and the data center. Our ability to turn a customer’s business needs into solutions is unmatched and our focus on Cisco is the cornerstone to our success. Whether it’s implementation services or support, Enventis partners with our customers in all phases of their technology lifecycle.
The successful candidate will provide advanced design, implementation and operations support services for Hosted VoIP customers. The primary responsibilities of the position are to efficiently deliver high quality hosted solutions to customers. Apply expert knowledge of Cisco equipment to design and implement networks. Work directly with Hosted VoIP customers to provide high quality network discover, design, implementation, and support services. Compose and write customer documentation. Meet customer and internal deadlines for deliverables. Effectively resolve or provide work around for customer problems. Create and implement troubleshooting and problem resolution plans as needed. Available on call to assist with customer situations and trouble tickets as needed. Study and learn new products, protocols, and networking technology. Act as a liaison between the engineering team and other departments within the company.
Requirements for the position include the following:
· Four-year degree in computer science, math, engineering or other related field or the equivalent in experience.
· Two years networking experience preferably in the telecommunications industry.
· Must know VoIP protocols (SIP, RTP, TFTP and related). A strong working knowledge of current VoIP technologies and their implementations, from edge elements (ATAs/IP Phones) to core network elements (Cisco Call Manager, SBC, Soft Switch, Gateway, etc.). Working knowledge of access network issues that impact VoIP performance as well as their measurement and analysis.
· Strong working knowledge of data communications and Internet knowledge including: TCP/UDP/IP, routing, switching, firewalls, etc
· Server experience on Windows or Linux
· Cisco CCNP
· Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
Apply today and see how our exciting and challenging environment can be the place for you!
HickoryTech offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates can apply on-line at www.hickorytech.com