IT Client Systems Supervisor
This job has now expired
Supervises and provides work direction to IT Systems Analysts and IT Desktop Systems Engineers providing level II escalation support on incidents for all hardware, software, network, and system issues. Lead the efforts, using ITIL as a base foundation, for problem management; collaborates with other IT departments in reducing incidents through procedural changes and reviewing recurring incidents and escalates appropriately. Lead the efforts in asset lifecycle and desktop engineering for standardizing hardware and software to include operating systems, desktop images, and software certification and packaging. Provides technical leadership and procedural guidance to team members, and act as an escalation point for incidents, service requests, and desktop technology changes. Assists with asset inventory and control. Collaborates with infrastructure/systems on desktop system integration with storage, network, print, enterprise systems, email/messaging, Active Directory, and other related areas. Collaborates with applications on software application lifecycles on the desktop. Collaborates with security on antivirus, data protection, encryption, and other related areas.
- Coordinate with managers to establish goals, plans, objectives and priorities that support the IT department’s technology plan and vision. Develop teamwork consciousness among assigned personnel to attain department objectives. Train, coach, and motivate staff. Coordinate with management and Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels. Meet team goals. Communicate with other supervisors and managers. Establish and support a positive work environment based on mutual respect, honesty, teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Supervise area operations in accordance with company policies and procedures, and apply said policies in all employee interaction. Create shift schedules, including: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, vacations, breaks, overtime assignment, absent employee back-ups, and shift rotations. Plan workloads and rosters, and delegate tasks. Monitor and report on team performance. Conduct (with manager) probationary and annual performance review for each employee, and recommend retraining, transfer, or termination. Schedule and conduct team meetings. Provide quality control. Anticipate and determine causes of operational delays, and take appropriate action to meet schedules.
- Handle problems or complaints, and make adjustments as necessary. Provide analysis for improvements. Operate within standard Operating Level Agreements. Report promptly to department management when delays occur, estimate time of delay and when operations will be resumed.
- Complete relevant paperwork. Assist in production, as necessary. Ensure a clean and safe work area. Provide documentation for internal audit and compliance reports. Maintain 24x7 availability to address critical business and/or IT issues.
- Any combination of education/experience in Business, Information Technology or related IT field to equal five years.
- Minimum three years progressively enhancing experience in leadership or in knowledge within technical area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices in areas of planning, implementation, administration, troubleshooting, and documentation of network solutions integration.
- Experience in the use of standard diagnostic tools.
- Familiar with service management processes.
- Experience in current industry standard software and hardware, parts inventory tracking, PC setup, software installs, software packaging, desktop imaging, and updates.