This position in Circulation is centered on visiting retail outlets, surveying single copy displays and positioning within retail locations, determining areas of concern while simultaneously increasing visibility in the market.
Merchandisers are responsible for:
- Updating reports containing critical market material such as pictures, number of racks, and point of purchase material
- Increases number of retail locations by 50/year and increases number of racks at grocery stores on Sunday by average of one/store
- Supports indoor and outdoor racking goals that the Single Copy Department creates
- Develops new daily placement opportunities at major grocery and gas/convenience locations
- Recommends new display opportunities at our major chains
- Records locations that receive City Pages, but not Vita.MN or Star Tribune Homes
- Audits draw quantities at high shrink locations and discusses problems with store managers
- Marketing degree or 3 years experience in field marketing
- Must be driven, proactive and have a strong desire to achieve results and be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, communication, problem solving, negotiation and presentation skills
· Must have proof of valid driver’s license, auto insurance and have reliable transportation.
Apply at www.startribune.com/jobs