Director of Revenue Cycle Services
Under the general direction of the Executive Vice President of Operations, the Director of RCS is responsible for the daily operations of the Business Office, including; planning, organizing and influencing department activities and delivery of business services while maintaining continuous quality improvement. The employee will effectively interact with patients, payers, management, staff and other health team members, while maintaining standard of professional business services. The Director of RCS is accountable to the EVP of Operations for the management of personnel, including; staffing, timekeeping, employee evaluations, counseling, interviewing and selection of staff within established guidelines. This position will also ensure compliance with established guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations and accreditation guidelines.
Supervises and coordinates third-party billing and the application of payments for the clients business. Responsible for training, evaluating, and initiating disciplinary action for all employees supervised. This position includes monitoring all aspects of the billing and collections process. Assuring that proper accounting procedures are in place and records are maintained in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Manages Business Office staff to ensure they are meeting the business office performance expectations determined by DocuTAP.
- Coaches and trains Business Office staff on business office practices related to patient admission, scheduling, coding, billing, collections, cash management, and month end financial close and general daily operations.
- Establishes and implements performance benchmarks and best practice standards for business office processes. Develops and oversees implementation of procedures to achieve desired targets.
- Directs, develops, and implements policy and procedure revision in response to regulatory changes.
- Develop and implement marketing strategy to expand existing client base.
- Acts as advocate for Revenue Cycle Services (RCS) team.
- Must enjoy participating in company-wide Wii bowling tournaments
- Manages all Business Office policy and procedures.
- Manages the configuration of the health information system’s electronic claims process.
- Conducts periodic business office operations audits for DocuTAP clients.
- Establishes the Business Office orientation process for new business office staff.
- Functions as corporate liaison to business office vendors, collection agencies, clearinghouse, and health information system vendors, etc.
- Assist in the design, development and deployment of a RCS processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Revenue Cycle process or performance issues through development of corrective action plans and or training.
- Leads the set up and establishment of the business office to include staffing, transitioning clients
- Function as the liaison for new product lines to enhance the overall operational process at the client location to include automated patient registration, chart scanning and storage.
- Proactively communicates updates to clients and DocuTAP team as it relates to RCS.
- Conducts business office reviews for non-DocuTap clients for the purpose of acquisition due diligence or business development initiatives as requested.
- Continuously seek process improvement, tools and services to better serve clients and deliver value.
- Assist Development with RCS system enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
5-7 years management or supervisory experience in a Centralized Business Office or Clinic.
Strong knowledge of Accounts Receivables: Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO, Commercial, and Workcomp Collections, Billing and Reimbursement methodologies.
Knowledge of Coding and Payment Posting best practices.
Strong knowledge of collection procedures, industry standards.
Experience with Charge master set up and ongoing maintenance.
Computer knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and A/R management software.
Knowledgeable in Managed Care contracting, credentialing, and negotiations.
Degree in Business preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
Shared sourcing model experience a benefit, but not necessary.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Duties are highly complex, varied, require planning and coordinating several activities at one time, and demand the use of problem solving skills and analysis of circumstances to develop appropriate actions. This position is subject to frequent interruptions, via email and/or by phone, which require varied response.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS:
Internal and External contacts occur on a regular basis. External contacts include clients and health professionals. Purpose for contacts is for the exchange of information and requires tact, courtesy, and professionalism.
Has access to health records, which are considered confidential.
Work is performed in normal business office environment, with occasional travel required.
***Candidate must be able to pass background check and drug screen.