This job is no longer available
LINDQUIST & VENNUM, a large downtown Minneapolis law firm, has an opening for a part time Jr. Client Financial Services Specialist. The Jr. Client Financial Services Specialist will support firm financial goals through collection activities to maximize cash flow.
- Place first call to new clients where invoice aging has reached 45 days past due. Make introduction, welcome as new client and follow up to ensure receipt of L&V invoice. Remind client of payment terms. Review engagement letter prior to initiating contact with clients.
- Make arrangements for payment to bring account current.
- Record all appropriate data in collection notes system including all pertinent facts and communications with clients and attorneys regarding client accounts. Assign note to Client Financial Service Specialist for appropriate follow up date(s).
- Review all actions with attorneys and Director of Client Services as necessary or requested.
- Assist in drafting letters and other documents necessary to protect firm interests.
- Administer the Client Financial Services incoming phone line to respond to client inquiries and secure credit card payments.
- Coordinate placement of files placed with a third party agency upon direction from Director of Client Services.
- Prepare files approved for filing a conciliation court claim.
- Serve in capacity of secondary back-up to the Conflicts Administrator.
- Scan all signed documents and pertinent client-related data into CFS client file folders and make sure it is properly documented in notes.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding copies of invoices and account histories.
- Research client public records, as requested.
- Assist Conflicts Administrator with projects, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned in relation to the Jr. Client Financial Services Specialist position.
- B.A. Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years customer service experience, and collections or credit experience preferred.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to speak English proficiently.
- Possess strong customer service orientation communication skills. Interact with all levels of personnel including the firm’s clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Must have problem solving abilities.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
L&V offers a professional work environment and a competitive salary. Please submit cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Staff Recruiter, Part Time Jr. Client Financial Services Specialist, Lindquist & Vennum, 4200 IDS Center, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
An EEO/AA Employer. No agency emails or phone calls please.