This job is no longer available
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB BAND: Leader of Leaders (Must meet leadership capabilities in previous job bands).
Reports To: Regional Vice President
Positions Supervised: Associate Project Managers, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, General Superintendent, Project Coordinators, Receptionist
Amount of Travel Required: 10-15%
Work Schedule: This position works between the hours of 7am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Ability to work a flexible schedule is necessary.
This position is responsible for providing overall management for electrical and/or specialty systems construction projects within a geographic profit center and for overseeing staff within the assigned profit center.
- Creates and manages a profit center structure that supports the needs of the enterprise in terms of business strategy, profitability, and competitive advantage. Spends approximately 60% of time focused on business development related activities and remaining 40% of time is focused on operational activities.
° Maintains compliance with Company policies.
° Ensures profit center compliance with Company best practices, values, and processes.
- Accurately budgets and manages sales and gross margin consistent with established needs and standards of the organization.
° Focuses on growth on a company-wide and national basis. Cooperates and collaborates with (vertical) Group Managers to achieve goals.
- Identifies and generates new business. Networks, establishes, and maintains customer relationships.
- Calls on and/or meets with and qualifies customers for appropriate geographic units to better understand their needs in order to propose solutions.
- Updates and maintains sales process in CRM software.
- Mentors and provides guidance to Associate Project Managers and Project Managers.
° Partners with Human Resources to optimize recruiting and selection, employee relations, and other related topics as it pertains to direct reports.
- Directs implementation and execution of operational efficiencies that maximize people, processes, and profitability throughout the profit center (i.e., BidSmart, Faith Performance Advantage, Lean Construction, etc.).
° Strategizes to ensure that the appropriate Project Managers are aligned with the appropriate projects
° Works in conjunction with General Superintendents to ensure that the appropriate team/crew is staffed on the appropriate project
° Deploys and redeploys resources among project managers’ areas.
- Works with Project Managers to ensure construction projects are profitable to meet customer deadlines and expectations.
° Provides assistance with planning, organizing, and staffing projects.
° Reviews outgoing estimates with Estimating Department as necessary.
° Visits various jobsites and interacts with crew, customers, foreman, and general contractors to ensure proper job progress and to support and encourage safe behavior.
- Manages the boundaries that separate profit centers which report directly and with other parts of the business.
° Monitors the flow of work between his/her profit center and others in the organization; asks questions, and recommends improvements
° Understands and conveys functional strategies, business strategies, and corporate mission
° Fosters effective cross-functional collaborations to accelerate work processes
- Fosters a productive, enthusiastic, and synergistic team of direct reports through coaching and development, goal setting, and ongoing talent and performance assessment.
° Effectively delegates to direct reports with proper control systems in place to ensure accountability and to prevent decision making bottlenecks.
° Provides frequent and clear feedback to direct reports, offers clear direction, and ensures direct reports are sure about their goals.
° Acts as coach and developer of managerial talent; as well as skillfully selects and trains those individuals.
° Evaluates candidates’ and managers’ willingness to lead, communication and planning competencies, and ability to make decisions under pressure
° Assigns team and project-leadership assignments to assess skill/ability
° Spends ample time evaluating people in “test” managerial roles
° Holds managers who report to him/her accountable for managerial work
° Creates a supportive environment that allows mistakes but not failure.
° Motivates and instructs
° Shares positive and negative feedback
- Promotes the merit shop philosophy by ensuring effective, fair, and timely performance evaluations for all employees.
° Participates in performance evaluation process; conducts employee performance reviews in an effective and timely manner; and establishes field wage merit increases.
- Promotes a positive Company Culture by fostering friendly and constructive employee relations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical training and two years of project management experience, or
- Five years project management experience, or
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience as determined by management. SKILLS & ABILITIES COMPUTER SKILLS
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Knowledge of Accubid and AutoCAD preferred.
- History of successful fiscal control and project management experience.
- Willingness to travel and work a flexible schedule is necessary.
- General knowledge of electrical components and applications.
Faith Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage the hiring and promotion of women and minorities.