Director of Aquatics (YMCA Association Office)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Aquatics to join our team!
The Director of Aquatics provides leadership and direction for the Aquatics program area to include Swim Academy and Lifeguard and Safety or other Aquatic areas in accordance with established policies and practices. The incumbent is responsible for developing aquatic programming and association-wide standardization. The incumbent assists with developing curriculum, supports branches with quality control and works collaboratively to develop quality training.
- Provides leadership and direction for the Aquatic program areas to include making recommendations on equipment used in the Aquatic areas.
- Develops program standards and protocols which ensure quality service delivery.
- Works closely with Program Managers and Coordinators to support the delivery of quality programs and services which may include monitor and evaluate the quality of programs and technical expertise of staff. Provides technical expertise and coaching as needed or develops plans for improvement or changes which contribute to the participant’s experience.
- Researches and reports on the latest trends and development in the program areas. Help lead in the development and rollout of innovative quality programs and services and changes in curriculum.
- Works collaboratively to develop and facilitate quality training opportunities and metrics to manage success of Aquatics program areas increasing net contribution to the Association.
- Assists in the hiring process of branch leadership positions in the Aquatics program area.
- Maintains and manages educational resources.
- Maintains relationships with vendors, education providers and certification organizations which benefit the Association.
Qualifications - Required
- B.S./B.A. degree in Health and Sciences or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in Healthy Living programs (swim academy, lifeguarding and safety etc.) to include the delivery of services in a one on one or group setting
- Expert and up to date knowledge of aquatics services, aquatics practice standards, development and quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to develop curriculum and train staff
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain positive working relationships at all levels
- Ability to achieve results through the use of influence
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be an independent contributor and team player
- Ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Office suite
- General knowledge of national aquatics programs and certifications
- Ability to manage programs to a diverse population
- Possess a current accredited and nationally recognized aquatics certification
- Must have a current CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 day of hire)
- Attend YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles within 6 months of employment
Qualifications - Preferred
- Familiarity with fitness educational resources
- Prior management/supervisory experience
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
- Physical ability to demonstrate technical components of program area curriculum as needed.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 02/22/2013 for first consideration.