This job is no longer available
West Side Community Health Services is the largest community clinic organization in Minnesota. We have been a visionary organization since 1972. With a progressive model of care that emphasizes education, prevention, and integrated services, our multilingual/multicultural expertise provides accessible health care to all of our diverse communities.
As healers we put people first, providing high-quality patient-focused health care that is evidence-based, reflects best practices, and respects the cultures of the patients we serve.
As community advocates we are sought out as the community voice for Latino, Hmong, adolescent, and health care issues. We understand public health issues, partner with other organizations to address community needs, and advocate for public policy that helps people gain access to affordable health care and other needed services.
We are currently seeking a part time Mental Health Therapist to work at our largest ambulatory clinic, La Clinica, located in St. Paul. Come join our dedicated staff who help serve the underserved! This position is 32 hours per week, weekdays only.
- Assess clinical symptoms, developmental and personality disorders, severity of psychosocial stressors, and address medical conditions as they affect patient functioning.
- Develop treatment plans based on individual client needs and resources. Provide a continuum of short and long term therapy services for individuals, families and groups based on treatment plans.
- Coordinate with primary health care team to ensure interdisciplinary collaboration and continuity of care.
- Maintain comprehensive and current knowledge of community resources; consult with other clinic staff regarding these resources; make referrals as appropriate.
- Provide assessment of crisis situations, and design and carry out appropriate interventions in crisis situations.
- Provide consultation with other agencies/professional and clinic staff regarding patient care planning.
- Document patient/family status and history, diagnosis, treatment plan, results and progress in medical record in a timely manner.
- If education level permits, complete psychological testing.
- Maintain good communication and collaborative relationships with physicians and staff, and work with collateral personnel as needed for delivery of service.
- Offer in-service education programs and function as a resource to health center staff, residents and the community as needed.
- Represent the health center to the community at large in a professional and helpful manner.
- Participate in development and selection of patient education materials and services.
- Supervise social work graduate level students or LGSW for licensure qualification.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in social work, psychology, LMFT, or related field.
- Licensure appropriate to field of study, or working towards licensure with supervision.
- Minimum of two years in mental health counseling field preferred.
- Previous work in community health setting with diverse population preferred.
- Active working knowledge of community mental health resources.
- Ability and sensitivity to work with Latino/Hmong and other diverse cultures in the metro area.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently.
- Ability to independently assess and coordinate client’s psychological needs in busy clinical practice.
- Bilingual/bicultural in Spanish preferred.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life, Accident, and Voluntary Life insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 403b Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
Please visit the employment section of our website at http://www.westsidechs.org/jobs.php to apply. No phone calls please. AA/EEO