Executive Communications Assistant to the President and CEO
The Executive Assistant to the President and CEO of the CAP Agency is responsible for administration that supports the President and CEO, Senior Leadership Team, Board of directors and other internal and external constituents. The main areas of responsibility will include providing administrative support, communications and marketing support and coordination of board meetings and board liasion.
Essential Accountabilities and Expected Outcomes
I. Manage the Executive Office
A. Manage and coordinate the administrative support to the President and CEO and Senior leadership team.
B. Serve as liaison to the Management Team (the President and CEO’s direct reports) to assure that there is coordination and opportunity to address issues.
C. Draft and/or proof communications, correspondence and presentations for the President and CEO.
D. Manage the overall flow of information and communication about decisions from the President and CEO’s office to the staff, the board of directors supported by the office and other constituents as appropriate.
E. Create and maintain systems and procedures to ensure effective implementation of the President and CEO’s directives.
F. Manage the President and CEO’s calendar with both internal and external constituents, develop or organize materials and coordinate logistics for meetings and create contact reports and keep track of next steps as appropriate. Arrange travel plans for the President and CEO and other staff when coordination is required.
G. Develop and manage the executive office budget.
II. Support the Board of Directors and Board Relations
A. Plan, prepare to facilitate board and committee meetings and events. Provide supporting materials that asre high quality and prepared in timely fashion. Assure consistent organization, preparation and dissemination of board materials across the organization, and the public at large.
B. Attend and take minutes of board and board committee meetings which are typically scheduled evenings and or weekends every other month.
C. Poll all board members for board and committee meetings, retreats and dinners. Coordinate all of the board and committee meeting logistics and manage fiscal processes.
E. Assure historical records of all board and committee meetings are maintained as well as biographical and service information about all board members, elected officials, and other key constituents.
F. With board leadership, plan the annual meeting for current and past board members.
G. Assist and coordinate stewardship and cultivation activities for all board members past and present
IV. Communications and Marketing Support
- In order to reach out to a wider audience the Executive Assistant will manage and increase CAP Agencies presence on social media websites including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Assist with the production of annual reports, newsletters, blogs, website and interanet content.
- Create press releases, compose and edit website and intranet content in collaboration with the President and CEO and VP of Development and Marketing.
- Create and develop PowerPoint presentations for staff members to present at events, will assist with coordinating and/or facilitating video/photo opportunities.
- Assist and coordinate stewardship and cultivation activities for all board members past and present.
- Assist staff with program outreach efforts including campaign activities on behalf of the agency.
- Assist staff in marketing efforts to implement goals of the agency including prospect management activities. This includes sending correspondence, scheduling appointments, documenting field activities.
III. Support the President and CEO and the Organization in other ways as needed.
A. Learn about the CAP Agency and its programs to be an effective representative and ambassador when interacting with various constituents.
B. Anticipate and proactively suggest ways to enhance efficiency or quality of work and implement when appropriate.
C. Be a solid team player across the organization, assisting others on occasion with large meetings, major projects or occasional backup during absences.
D. Undertake other efforts or special projects as assigned that will help the CAP Agency, the Management Team and the President and CEO, including but not limited to:
- Ensure representation at community events.
- Maintain the CAP agency Speakers Bureau.
- Update and maintain the Agency display(s) as needed.
- Review, update and maintain the CAP Agency marketing/promotional tools (brochure, annual report, newsletter, web site, video) on an annual basis.
- Assist staff with program outreach efforts.
- Ensure CAP Agency membership in local civic/service organizations (i.e. Rotary, Chamber, and Lions).
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects, at the request of the ED, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing agency wide events.
Minimal requirement of Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Advanced reasoning abilities are required to perform all essential accountabilities of this position.
Advanced verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Minimum of five continuous years as an executive assistant supporting the CEO/President or executive officer.
Related experience in the field of Communications or Public Relations.
Excellent organizational skills for handling a variety of details and setting administrative and production priorities.
Ability to work under pressure and can follow through to completion of assigned projects.
Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups.
Ability to work in a flexible work environment that may require extra or varied hours.
Demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability of current office technology and related computer programs including but not limited to Windows XP, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro, data management systems and Microsoft Office 2007