IT Service Delivery Manager
Responsible for change, configuration and release management tasks in production and pre-production environments. Manages the efficient, on-time delivery of high quality software/hardware products, tools and ensures the continuous maintenance and improvement of existing services while overseeing all aspects of technology trends. Responsible for establishing and implementing, quality assurance, change management, process management, configuration items and release processes for IT and aligns training efforts around IT supported applications.
- A combination of post-secondary education in Information Technology, Business, or related field and IT experience to equal at least 10 years.
- Minimum two years of systems change control experience; ITIL certification is a plus.
- 5 years of experience of which at least 2 years with ITIL change and release management.
- Solid understanding of change control and release management best practices.
- Experience building complex systems and implementing intricate solutions.
- Must have solid experience with standard systems development methodologies and system development life cycles.
- Well-versed in structured software release policies and processes with extensive experience in coordinating across multiple teams and organizational components.
- Develop, plans, implements and manages the change and release process for new software and hardware systems. Defines and implements a communication framework for each release and serves as a liaison between various IT teams to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of updates and new products.
- Owns processes for Change Management to environments. Ensures and enforces prompt handling of changes to production and pre-production through the development and improvement of standardized methods and procedures that minimize the impact of related incidents upon service. Responsible for tracking all requested and implemented changes to environments. Assists with tracking changes and promotion through all environments to ensure consistency between environments and proper promotion process is followed.
- Owns processes for release management. Works with development and testing teams to plan, coordinate and triage releases to production and pre-production tiers. Establishes, implements, and enforces release procedures.
- Works cross-functionally with IT managers to develop and implement an overall maturity roadmap and plan for each functional area. Works closely with development, testing, and production teams and customers to make necessary modifications.
- Responsible for all system software/hardware development/upgrade initiatives and processes. Manages development, release, and maintenance of applications according to business needs.
- Sets the prioritization of projects and ensures the most effective allocation of development and software/hardware engineering resources.
- Acts as an advocate and subject matter expert on the Change/Release Management Process within established governance principles, best practice standards and the ITIL Framework.
- Provides leadership, communication, prioritization, and decision-making to optimize intra- and inter-departmental performance.
- Acts as a liaison between Compliance and IT to coordinate internal audit requests and other process managers (for example, incident, problem and change).
- Interviews, selects, hire and promote team members. Completes performance management to direct reports. Creates team goals to improve the management and administration of Change & Release. Develops and provides training for current and future capabilities.