This job has now expired
Allina Medical Clinic is committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care.
Allina Medical Clinic and their employees serve 463,000 patients, representing more than two million clinic visits at 40 locations each year. Allina Medical Clinic is part of Allina Health, a non-profit network of hospitals, clinics and other health care services.
Responsibilities of registration/scheduler include being cross trained in both scheduling (call center type environment) and check in duties. Role includes, but is not limited to:
- Registration and preregistration of patients including collecting demographic and insurance information per clinic policy and procedure.
- Scheduling appointments following site scheduling procedures and individual provider protocols. Notify patients of pertinent visit information (e.g. co-pay reminders, clinic directions, appropriate check in times).
- Verifying and updating patient insurance information and demographics.
- Greeting and checking in patients, including obtaining copy of new insurance card, photo ID and annual signatures for billing purposes as well as taking patient co-payments and payments, and scheduling follow-up appointments.
- Answering and directing operator calls, initiate patient messages in the electronic medical record.
- Serve as an integral part of the patient's healthcare team.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- AA degree in medical office administration preferred (not required).
- Significant customer service experience required.
- Clerical with PC/internet experience.
- Previous work in healthcare setting utilizing electronic medical record preferred.
- Private insurance payor knowledge strongly desired.
- Knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.
- Requires strong customer service and phone skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional communication and listening skills giving the ability to quickly connect with customers.
- Ideal candidate will: value being a team player; be able to give and receive feedback; possess high attention to detail; have the ability to multi-task as well as skill to maintain composure in stressful situations.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position (30 hours per week)
- Shift: Day/Evening
Located less than thirty minutes south of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Farmington is a rapidly growing community recognizing residential expansion of 500+ homes annually with commercial/industrial growth continuing at a rapid pace. Between 1990 and 2000 the population doubled. Farmington possesses a traditional downtown area, new growth housing areas, farms, open space and natural resources such as the Vermillion River. The Mall of America and Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport are only twenty minutes away. Enjoy the entertainment and cultural advantages of a major metropolitan area while living and working in a small town atmosphere.
- Located 20 miles South of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Population = 21,000
- Service Area = 127,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA