This job is no longer available
Job Title: Billing Specialist - Distressed
Department: Workforce Lodging Billing
Reports To: AR/Billing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary: $15 per hour
The Billing Specialist - Distressed is responsible for processing all vendor distressed invoices & vouchers for submittal to our clients. The Billing Specialist will have highly developed customer service, data entry, analytical, and reconciliation skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Audit of vendor distressed vouchers & invoices for acceptable use per client contracts.
- Data entry of vendor submitted charges into tracking system.
- Development of internal tracking system for previously paid vendor vouchers.
- Completes and submits invoice to client for reimbursement of credit card charges and payment of AP Direct charges.
- Responsible for reconciling credit card charges from vendors and ensure reimbursement on client invoice.
- Knowledge of client contracting terms.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with vendors and clients.
- Communicates and resolves any discrepancies between the vendor and client.
- Develops and maintains a filing, scanning and storage system for all clients.
- Processes checks and payments to vendors once client monies are received.
- Researches vendor payment issues in accounting software, Great Planes.
- Coordination and tracking of commissions
- Provides reports to internal management.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Works on special projects when assigned by management.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Internet, 10-key and typing skills.
- Knowledge of Great Plains accounting software a plus
- Comfortable processing charges and payments in multiple currencies
- Exceptional analytical and reconciliation skills.
- Outstanding multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Strong listening skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Four years of college or university program certificate; or three years of related job experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure and software manuals and work instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate well with others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be familiar with current software packages such as MS Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
None required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If the employee needs a reasonable accommodation, he/she should notify Human Resources.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder height or below the waist and lifting as required filing documents or storing materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques are required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Benefits and Perks:
Travelliance full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short term disability, Paid Time off, Life insurance and 401k.
Working at Travelliance also means employees can take advantages of the many perks including: Casual Fridays, monthly Employee Appreciation days, raffles/drawings and other miscellaneous activities.
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to forward a resume.