This job is no longer available
Our client is seeking an experienced accounting leader to join their dynamic, high-energy team and directly support the Controller by leading a team of professionals responsible for preparing timely and accurate financial information. Salary is $75-85K DOQ. The Assistant Controller will have the ability to make an immediate impact on the organization by focusing on process improvement initiatives.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a good system of control
- Review and approval over general ledger and account reconciliation activities; directly accountable for more complex journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Provide financial leadership to other departments within the organization
- Identify and implement process improvements to achieve increased efficiency/best practices
- Supervise up to 4 staff; provide leadership and direction to the team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required; CPA preferred
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience; prior supervisory experience required
- Thorough understanding of GAAP and internal controls
- Proven process improvement experience is essential
- Proficiency in Great Plains, Word and Excel
- Highly motivated, strong interpersonal skills and desire to be hands-on
Please use the built-in StarTribune application feature to submit your resume for consideration, or you may email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with ACKES in the subject line. Thank you.