This job is no longer available
Our client in the west metro is seeking a contract SR Collections Specialist. Pay is $DOQ
This function is responsible for service collections. Individuals in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency. Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handles unresolved inquiries/issues. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Business to Business Collection Management
- Forecasting of incoming payments and DSO (Day Sales Outstanding)
- Perform Accounts Receivable Reporting
- Analyze/reconcile accounts Receivable Data
- Drive Resolution of Accounts Receivable issues
- Negotiate and Mediate Account resolution
- Solid Reporting Skills, experience with Pivot Tables and multiple accounting systems
- Analyzes and investigates.
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise.
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently.
- Act as a resource for others.
- 1+ years Business to Business Collection experience
- Previous Senior level Collection experience collecting six figure balances
- Knowledge and ability to interpret business financials (balance sheets, financial statements, etc)
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (complex formulas, pivot tables, manipulate multiple sets of data, etc) required
- Advanced negotiations skills
- Collection Software experience
- Ability to reconcile AR Customer Accounts
- High school diploma/GED
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- Enterprise Accounting software experience
- Previous experience in forecasting cash preferred
- GetPaid or PeopleSoft collection software preferred
- Mentoring and Training experience preferred
- Sarbanes Oxley experience and knowledge preferred
Interested candidates should use the built-in StarTribune application feature to submit your resume or you may email it to email@example.com with CKES in the subject line.