Water Exercise Instructors (Woodbury YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Woodbury YMCA is seeking an energetic Water Exercise Instructor to join our team.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director/Senior Coordinator, a Water Exercise Instructor will conduct classes that comply with the standards of the certification held as well as the YMCA’s mission and teaching philosophy.
- Teach water fitness classes, incorporating fitness and safety principles.
- Know and assist in performing Emergency Action Plan.
- Assist lifeguards during transition times and emergencies.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Possess the required certification for the class being taught.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: Adult CPR, AED.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and remedy hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Patience and the ability to communicate with all ages and levels of swimmers.
- Dedicated to member safety and the mission and philosophy of the YMCA
Qualifications - Preferred
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard or YASA certification.
- Communicate verbally and project voice across a distance in a loud situation while performing the workout.
- Recognize distress signals.
- Be in water ranging from 80-90 degrees for one to three hours.
- Be able to demonstrate and observe correct movements.