This job is no longer available
Shift to a gear you didn’t know you had.
In your hands, the most important medical device is the telephone.
Customer Service careers at UnitedHealth Group give you the opportunity to make a real difference helping people live healthier lives. As a trusted customer service representative of UnitedHealth Group, your ability to listen, understand and solve problems will drive positive health outcomes for our members. You’ll be well supported with the latest tools, advanced training curriculum and the combined strength of a high caliber team. You’ll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global company. You’ll also enjoy a healthy work/life balance. Learn more about why this is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
The role of the Customer Care Professional is to build trusted relationships with members across their health care lifecycle. This is done by assisting in plan selection and enrollment, educating members about management of their health and well being, helping members to maximize health plan benefits and personal health care dollars and owning customer service inquiries through to resolution.
- Minimum 1 year Customer Service experience
- An education level of at least a high school diploma OR GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Expert need identification, intake and listening skills
- Strong problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Quickly identify requested information and anticipate future needs
- Ability to translate jargon and complex processes into simple instructions members can understand
- Ability to overcome objections and persuade members to take action/change behavior
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- Successful completion of United Health Care Operations CCP new hire training and demonstrated proficiency required
Bring your passion and start doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. © 2013 UnitedHealth Group. All rights reserved.